Maybe it seems a little early to be thinking of Halloween, but Squidoo lensmasters (webpage makers) are all buzzing about SquidBoo lenses. The thinking is that a webpage needs a little aging, polishing and creating of backlinks before the holiday season. The Get Cracking crew have a challenge going on in August to make thirteen Halloween lenses using the SquidBoo format.
I wasn’t going to attempt it after working so hard on the fifteen lens challenge last month. Daily I see the challenge topic for the SquidBoo lens posted on Facebook. My mind starts churning with ideas, but I tried not to get drawn in as I have a ton of non-Halloween ideas that I want to develop into lenses.
I couldn’t resist, so here are the Squidboo lenses I’ve created in August:
- I started off with Fun Halloween Costumes for Couples. Memories of all the great Halloween parties I had came back to me. There was Karen Quinn in her Glenda the Good Witch costume and John in his Munchkin outfit with the big lollipop. Ah, great memories, so why not encourage couples to dress in fun Halloween costumes.
- While working on that one, I found some great costumes for book lovers. I pulled these together in a lens called Book Character Costumes: Go Literary for Halloween. It includes Gone with the Wind characters (Rhett and Scarlet) and Prince Charming. There’s more, but I want to hunt down additional ones like some Jane Austin character costumes. This one falls in the same category as the Costumes for Couples, so doesn’t count towards the challenge. Each challenge lens needs to be in a different Squidoo category.
- One category was for foods and recipes, so I combed through Squidoo and made a lensography featuring all the weird cakes and desserts, Halloween drinks and spooky foods that other lensmasters had made. It turned out quite good and should be perfect for anyone looking for Halloween themed foods for a party. It’s called Halloween Party Foods.
- While researching the party foods, I ran across some great Zazzle products featuring Halloween drinks. They are perfect for the vampire set or for any Halloween party. Again, this lens won’t count towards the challenge. It’s called Halloween Drink Recipes. I ought to subtitle it “I want to drink your blood,” as most of the drinks have a red color from cranberry juice or other red ingredient.
- The one I created for the car category is Halloween Golf Cart Decorations. This one was inspired by my Golf Cart Fun lens. It got some traffic at Mardi Gras time and the 4th of July as I had photos of carts decorated for the holidays.