- I wanted to show off my top web pages on Squidoo. The site has over a million and a half web pages created by individuals called lensmasters. My top lens about chipmunks is ranked in the top 100 on the site. I’m guessing there are a lot of people out there plagued by chipmunks in the spring.
- Ten Humane Ways to Get Rid of Chipmunks
- If chipmunks are making you crazy, consider these ways to protect your plants and property without actually killing the cute crittters.
- Wine Cork Crafts
- I’m amazed by the many uses for wine corks. Years ago, a good friend made a cork board for us using wine corks. It looks great on my breakfast room wall. I’m planning to make a wine cork mat to put my wet clogs on when I come in from the garden.
- Library Book Display Ideas
- Library users are often overwhelmed trying to choose from the huge selection of books filling the shelves. Librarians come back month after month to get new ideas from this page to make their book displays.
- Create a Tuscan Patio
- Do you love a sunny space, edged with rustic planters spilling over with lush flowers? It’s summer time and everyone wants to make their yard more inviting. The elements that go into a Tuscan patio have a lot of appeal (stone, colorful pottery, and iron trim).
- Save an Old Barn: Ideas, Resources and Funding
- If you have an old barn in the country, it may have fallen into disrepair.. Finding money to restore it is difficult. I’ve found some sources for grants particularly for old barns. Check it out.
- Cottage Names: Ideas
- You want the perfect name for your vacation home. It’s fun to mix and match from the ideas on this page and try to find a name suitable for your cottage by the lake or in the mountains.
- Writing Triggers for Family Memories
- Your memories of childhood may have receded, but with a little prompting they come to the surface again. I update this every week with a new prompt. Check back often to get ideas for writing your memoir or for posting to your blog.
- Golf Cart Fun: Personalize It, Decorate It, Accessorize It
- Sure, golfers have fun out on the golf course riding around in their carts, but think beyond that. In many retirement communities, golf carts serve as a popular way to get around even for people who don’t play golf.
- WWII Airplane Nose Art – Pinups
- I first became intrigued by airplane “nose art” when I saw an old photo of my uncle, Ralph Martin, that was taken back in World War II.
- Storytime Ideas: Themes for Librarians and Circle Time
- I started my career as a children’s librarian presenting eight storytimes a week. Knowing how hard it is to come up with fresh themes for storytime each week, I created this web site. Librarians, nursery school teachers and parents seem to really like it.
Monthly Archives: June 2011
I’m having fun blogging about my retirement community in Florida. I try to alternate with profiles of Solivita residents and showcasing the wildlife and birdwatching in the community.
Here’s a list of wildlife topics that I’ve covered so far:
Here are the residents profiled so far:
Update: Sadly the blog is no longer available for viewing online. Even more sadly, I did not save back-up copies of my posts. Sigh…