- Last year was quite productive, so I signed up again for the A to Z Blog Challenge. Over 1500 bloggers participate in this challenge to write a new post daily following the alphabet. If you’re a blogger and haven’t tried a challenge, it’s a marvelous way to build a habit of writing.
It started April 1st, so my first effort was A Is for Aviatrix. It’s posted on my Discovering Mom blog where I write about my mother. I started that blog after her death as a tribute to her and to store my memories
On the 2nd day, I wrote B Is for Big Rocks. The blog gives me a place to share photos from the family album so my sisters and cousins can add them to their albums.
Day 3, the post was C Is for Company’s Coming. It’s an essay that Mom wrote that hadn’t been published before.
D is for Depression Era Cooking features another of Mom’s essays that I tracked down on the Wayback Machine. I’ve had fairly good success finding some of her articles previously published on eHow. Hopefully it finds a safe place online with the blog.
For Easter Sunday, I pulled out some of my 1950s memories and some of Mom’s 1930s stories to share in E is for Easter Memories.
A concern of mine matched up with an old article of Mom’s in F is for Fear of Falling. You don’t have to be old, as any age can benefit from her recommendations.
Did you know that there is such a thing as a ghost cat? Read about the one that lived with my parents in G Is for Ghost Cat – Little Cat and TC.
I worried about keeping up with the daily posts. My sister came to the rescue with this recipe and memory H is for Hash and Other Economies.
Here’s the 9th post for the challenge, I is for In-the-News. Check it out to see what Mom did that was newsworthy.
Here’s the rest of the alphabet:
- J is for Junkyard
- K is for Keeper of Family Treasures
- L is for Living in the Good Old Days
- M is for Macrame Mania
- N is for Never Ninety
- P Is For Peanut Butter Honey Treats (a no-bake candy)
- Q is for Quints
- R is for Ruth
- S is for the Stratford Historical Writing Contest
- T is for Things
- U is for Uncluttering
- V is for Writing Memories More Vividly
- W is for Writing Family Memories
- X Marks the Spot
- Y is for Young Married Years
- Getting Some ZZZZZs