Here’s some things to trigger memories for writing about your family:
- Did your family have a favorite cautionary tale to warn you of bad behavior?
- How about stories of family characters? Any real oddballs in the family?
- Who was the one that the family held up as an example (good or bad)?
- What did the family discuss around the dinner table? Describe a typical mealtime at your home.
- Did your family ever say, “Why can’t you be more like ——-” How did you react to that?
- Who do you think you patterned yourself after in your family?
For my summer writing group, write about some of the above memory triggers as they apply to your own life and family. This is for the Thursday, August 6 session. See you there.